1/12/09

No more crutches

While I was walking through the lobby of Children's Hospital I came up behind a lady in her late fifties on crutches who was in obvious pain and moving at a crawl speed. Being the great man of faith I am, I said “God if you have her step into a waiting area I’ll know this is you and I’ll pray for her.” She hobbled right past the waiting area. Since that didn’t work I scraped up my boldness and asked her what was wrong and if I could pray for her. She said arthritis had been causing so much pain for the past 18 months she had to use crutches, which messed up her back too. So in the main entrance of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital (it couldn’t be somewhere discreet) I put my hands on her knees, declared Jesus is King over arthritis commanded things to come back into order. She walked around and said her right knee felt great but the left one still hurt. When I prayed for the left knee something in her leg snapped and startled both of us. After praying three or four times the pain in her back and knees went away and she walked off without crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment