11/13/09

Guillain-Barré syndrome

I went and prayed with a family with a 4 year old girl who was recently diagnosed with an unusual neurological disorder called Guillain-Barré syndrome. She had loss of muscle use, some seizure like episodes, was in the hospital for several days, and had been in bed for the past six days. She couldn't walk much, and her mom had to pick her up out of bed and carry her around. Doctors weren't sure what was going on but told mom to expect to deal with the symptoms for six months to three years.

I felt like I needed to pray for mom first, who told me her husband was having trouble with some old habits and had not been home for several days, leaving her alone with the four kids. After that I turned to the little girl, whose body jolted when I was praying over her.

I prayed with them on Wednesday night and on Friday Mom called and told me that her daughter had been "bouncing off the walls," running around, and back to normal, showing no symptoms. She also shared that her husband came home Thursday night and had been praying... that "something was definitely moving."

No comments:

Post a Comment