6/19/09

Yard Sale Miracle

Jim came to my wife's yard sale today on a walker and I asked him what was going on. He had not walked since March, had suffered from mini-strokes and migraines, and the doctors said he suffered from "intermittent cerebral ischemic attacks" for which he was now heavily medicated. That sounded like the work of the devil to me, so I told him God could heal him and asked if I could pray with him. He said he used to be an evangelist, but his condition kept him from ministering.

So we went to his van, I declared the Kingdom of God to be at hand, invited God's presence to rest on him and after a few minutes he said the pain in his head was almost gone. Prayed again for a couple of minutes and I noticed that his arm had stopped shaking. He said he felt the Spirit of God touching him so I asked how his legs were feeling and encouraged him to try them out.

He wiped the tears from his eyes, stood up outside, flexed his legs and said "I just had therapy today and I couldn't do that," took a few steps along the van and said, "I haven't been able to do this since March." Then he walked out in the yard with no help and said, "Praise the Lord!" About that time his wife came over, saw him walking without the walker and said, "Did a miracle just happen?" Jim bent over and picked up one of his seven children with no trouble, which (you may have guessed) he couldn't do before. His wife noticed that his speech was no longer slurred and his mouth was no longer drawn on one side.

He was completely and instantaneously healed...at a yard sale! Come on God!

2 comments:

  1. Way cool. Nice chatting with you today!
    Greg Conrad
    http://www.gregconrad.com
    http://www.FaithForHealing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd, that was so awesome... I'm so moved. I love Jesus, and have seen Him do some things like this in my family & friends recently. How did you come into this true gospel and getting people healed on the street?
    Greg Kiser
    quantumgreg@charter.net

    ReplyDelete